Voted #1 Tour! Scenic boat tour on the Crystal River – home to the endangered Florida manatee. Snorkel & swim in the crystal clear waters. Have the chance to interact with the playful manatees. Enjoy lunch as you explore Homosassa State Wildlife Park; a sanctuary for
Florida wildlife including manatee, bears and alligators. An amazing airboat adventure completes your day.
Atribute value here
A perfect opportunity to escape from the theme parks and see what Florida is really all about!
After breakfast, it’s off to the picturesque Crystal River – home to the endangered “gentle giant of the sea,” the Florida manatee. You can choose to snorkel or swim. If you’re lucky, you’ll interact with these beautiful creatures.
Or just sit back, relax, and enjoy the natural surroundings on the pontoon boat tour. Let us surprise you for the remainder of your day by showing you one of Florida’s best-kept secrets – Homosassa State Wildlife Park, where Florida’s natural beauty hosts wildlife, including more manatees, bears, and even a hippopotamus! It’s a perfect day out for the entire family.
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to interact with an ENDANGERED species. Citrus County FL, where the Crystal River is located, is the ONLY location in the entire USA that you are LEGALLY allowed to have interaction with manatees in the wild.
- Wetsuits are available for rent locally ($10.00) and act as an excellent buoyancy aid.
- Clients are encouraged to wear their swimming outfit underneath their morning clothes to aid in quick departure out on to the Crystal River.
- Crystal River is lucky to have a group of approximately 80 manatees that stay all year round. During the colder months, an additional 300 more join them! The constant 72-degree (F) temperature of the spring-fed river and abundance of underwater plant life make it the perfect habitat for the manatees.
- The manatees in Crystal River are wild animals and, as such, we are unable to guarantee interaction. However, our expert Coast Guard-certified boat captains will do everything they can to make this happen.
- Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park is home to wildlife indigenous to Florida and is known as a rehabilitation sanctuary for injured Florida wildlife. The only exception to the indigenous rule is their resident hippopotamus “Lou.” Lou has been granted honorary Florida citizenship by the State of Florida and calls the park his home.
- Operates: Tuesday And Select Fridays
- Duration: Approx. 12 Hours
- Cancellation Policy: A
- Collection Schedule: B
- Round Trip Transportation
- Pontoon Boat Ride
- Snorkel Equipment
- Admission To Wildlife Park
- Fantastic Airboat Ride
- Items To Remember:
- Weather Appropriate Clothing
- Spending Money