KSC Visitor Complex is an out-of-this-world destination not to be missed. NASA’s launch and landing HQ promises a day of fun and a lifetime of inspiration as you tour launch areas, meet a real astronaut, walk beneath a massive moon rocket, launch aboard the Shuttle Launch Experience and even view a live launch. Options available include an airboat ride, dine with an astronaut and even a behind the scenes tour.
Atribute value here
Less than one hour from Orlando is NASA’s launch headquarters – the Kennedy Space Center (KSC). The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex offers a fascinating, behind-the-scenes look at the U.S. space program.
Tour NASA’s spaceport and see space shuttle launch pads from a four-story observation gantry. Walk beneath a massive Saturn V rocket and relive Neil Armstrong’s first steps on the moon. Meet a real Astronaut, stroll through the Rocket Garden, and enjoy five-story IMAX® space films. Take a virtual moonwalk and feel the pull of 4 g’s in the G-Force Trainer Centrifuge!
Space Shuttle Atlantis – NOW OPEN AND INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE!
The world’s most comprehensive attraction devoted to the space shuttle, the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s new Space Shuttle Atlantis display brings visitors nose-to-nose with the priceless Atlantis spacecraft as only astronauts have seen it before – with payload bay doors open as if it were floating in space.
More than 60 interactive touchscreen experiences and high-tech simulators invite guests to “be the astronaut,” bringing to life the people, passion, and patriotism behind NASA’s 30-year Space Shuttle program. Witness the dazzling complexity of the engineering marvel that launched the Hubble Space Telescope and built the International Space Station (ISS).
- Ride a thrilling simulation of a space shuttle launch
- Experience the sensation of floating in space, or witness the beauty of an orbital sunrise
- Conduct virtual space operations: simulate an EVA (extravehicular activity) such as a spacewalk, extract cargo from the payload bay, or practice docking to the ISS
- Take the helm at the shuttle cockpit, or create sonic booms and glide to a landing on the re-entry slide
- Explore a high-fidelity replica of the ISS or get an “x-ray view” of Atlantis’ interior
…and much more!
Shuttle Launch Experience
It’s “3… 2… 1… launch!” as guests take their own exciting journey of the space shuttle’s rush into Earth’s orbit. On Shuttle Launch Experience®, visitors strap in to the sights, sounds, and sensations of a real Space Shuttle launch.
- Kennedy Space Center option on Thursdays does not include visit to Astronaut Hall of Fame.
- Times for transportation-only option do not coordinate for those that have purchased the Astronaut Training Program direct through KSC Visitor Center.
- Stroller and wheelchair rentals available.
- Electronic Translator Systems available for hire.
- No backpacks, large bags, coolers, food, or weapons allowed inside the KSC Visitor Center.
Operates: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun
Duration: Approx. 12 Hours
Cancellation Policy: A
Collection Schedule: C
Admission To Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex
Space Shuttle Atlantis
Shuttle Launch Experience
Apollo/Saturn V Center
General Bus Tour
I-Max 3D Movies
Items To Remember:
Weather Appropriate Clothing